Saturday, June 18th, 2016
7:30pm - 9pm
The Front invites video artists to submit short videos, ten minutes or less, to our 2nd annual shorts film festival, Digital Network. Selected works will be screened in a 90 minute program format. All exhibiting artists will be included in the video festival catalog as well as an online archive. One work will receive a $200 prize for best in show.
We invite artists to submit videos that visually or conceptually deal with this year’s theme Digital Networks. We live in a contemporary sphere where many people are connected through social networks, and a person’s identity can be traced through their virtual trail of web-surfing breadcrumbs. The Front is interested in the way artists may take the aesthetics of social media webs, the entanglement of internet content, and the non-linear properties of hypermedia and incorporate them into video art works.
- Submission Deadline: May 4th, 2016
- Notification of Selected Videos: June 1st, 2016
- Deadline for selected artists to send us video files: June 8th, 2016
- Film Festival: Saturday, June 18th, 2016, 7:30 - 9pm
Best in Show Prize:
How to Submit:
If your video is selected:
- Videos should be sent electronically via wetransfer.com or dropbox.com in the best possible quality for screening.
- When your upload is complete, send us your link for download at email@example.com with the subject line "Digital Network Film Festival Submission."
- Accepted formats: .avi, .mov, .mpeg, .mp4
By submitting the entry form, you accept the festival's regulations:
- Presentation of the submitted video at the Digital Network shorts film festival, 2016
- Presentation of the proposed video (or part of it) on The Front's website, www.nolafront.org
- Publication of video stills extracted from the video in festival printed material, the festival's website and press media
- Publication of the texts enclosed to the proposal (synopsis, artist info, etc.)